SYFML
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Power Rankings through week 4.

4 posters

Go down

Official Power Rankings through week 4. Empty Official Power Rankings through week 4.

Post by Swagger Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:01 am

Hello to all, I am excited and I hope you are too, this is the very first set of Power Rankings for the 2009 SYFML that will carry over into Feb as we crown out Champion early in the month of February.

I have researched far and wide to discover the very first set of Power Rankings for this season. The determining factor is quality wins, I have a formula I use to determine quality wins, and that will help me to determine your fate as the top 10 most powerful teams are posted. As we get furtther along I know I will see some shakeups. You get points for quality losses and lose points for letdowns vs teams that you should beat. I am a writer, you may not always agree with my rankings but again, I am a sports writer so..what you think is just a conversation you can have with your friends. Similar to life, when you dont agree with Colin Cowherds or Adam Schefters opinions, you can discuss it with your pals but its not going to change a thing. (I look at this unbiased as well, I take myself out of the league when I am formulating these rankings)

without further conversation...here you are..

#10 Carolina Panthers (2-1) With a big win week 1 vs the talented Eagles the Panthers came in seeking revenge after their playoff loss a year ago to the eventual Super Bowl runner up Cardinals, they have played only 3 games due to a bye week and we will have to see what happens the rest of the way. They have made a lot of personnel changes acquiring Portis and Haynesworth, I am not sure that they made there team better in these deals with the Redskins but I dont have my crystal ball so we will have to play the games.

#9 Denver Broncos (4-0) I have a feeling this will surprise a few, and especially the Broncos but I looked at thier schedule and they have not beaten a real quality oppenent yet. The 4-0 record is good and they may be a great team, but until they beat someone other than Oakland,Cleveland,Cincinnatti and New England who is 1-3, They just cant be looked at yet as one of the leagues elite.

#8 Buffalo Bills (3-1) This team is decent and has started off with a decent record, they have a win over the dolphins which I consider a quality win given the fact that its the Dolphins only loss. They added Joe Flacco and should be right in the mix for the AFC East at the end of the year. I believe we will have a tight race in the AFC East between the Bills, Dolphins and Jets. The Patriots have the offensive talent but a very suspect defense. The Bills are solid, we will see how it pans out for the the rest of the way.

#7 Baltimore Ravens (3-1) This team is solid. They have added a lot of young talent and lost only a little bit of veteran experience. A very tough to swallow week 1 loss vs the Cheifs (1-3) is all thats keeping this team from the top 3 consideration. They have a quality win over San Diego and have blown out everyone else they have faced. They have stirred up commissioner Goodell with their so called "Unsportsmanlike" running up the score, there was some debate with this and many believe they did not run it up. I guess the rest of the season will determine that. Coach John Harbaugh simply states that they are "Playing to the whistle" something Bill Belechick is very familiar with.

#6 New York Giants (4-0) This team has 4 wins but much like the Broncos they havent faced any real competition. They have yet to play a team with a winning record and will have their hands full in week 5 vs the Raiders. We will have to see how it al plays out for a very solid Giants team.

#5 Miami Dolphins (3-1) This team is very strong and has 1 loss coming to the Buffalo Bills in week 4. They are here because they upset the Indianapolis Colts. Thats a win over a very much qualified opponent. Yes, they loss to the Bills but have played a tougher schedule to this point and still have the same record. This team will fight all year to stay in the division race. They just traded QB Chad Henne, I have NO CLUE why, they were 3-1 and if it aint broke dont fix it. We will see if this affects them the rest of the way. If they fall apart we will have a good reason to believe its due to switching QB's when they were doing well..Esp. since Brady Quinn the QB they acquired was the ring leader of the 1-3 Browns.

#4 San Francisco 49ers (4-0) This team is very solid they have 2 quality wins and have blown out the opponents that were not considered "quality" they have done what they need to do to remain unbeaten and will in my opinion be very strong for the entire season. "The inconvenient truth" Frank Gore should lead this deep this year along with Rookie WR Mike Crabtree.

#3 Detroit Lions (4-0) Who would have thought. The motown cats would be 4-0 after going 0-16 just a year ago.They arent just 4-0 they have two HUGE wins over 2 quality opponents that were both division games. If you want to follow this team this year and see how they do, that wouldnt be a bad idea. I would highlight the week 6 game vs the Green Bay Packers (4-0) and see where it takes us. I believe the winner of this game will be the clear cut favorite for the NFC North.

#2 Green Bay Packers (4-0) This team also has 2 quality wins vs division opponents. With Shagg Makino leading the way this team has a little shifty back mixed with some decent defensive talent and a good QB in Aaron Rodgers. Can Shagg carry this team for the whole season is something that we will definately have to watch for. Week 6 vs #3 Detroit will be HUGE

#1 Tennessee Titans (4-0) This team is all around solid. They have made some key early season acquisitions such as Jarod Mayo and Adrian Wilson just to name a few. They have 1 quality win and are 2-0 in their division already.This team will be a tough out. Expect to see them in the upper ranks of the power rankings all year. They have had 2 close games and the other 2 were blowouts. The top 3 teams were a tough pick but looking at the overall success and overall team personnel along with last seasons 13-3 record. They are the clearcut number 1. We will let them decide their fate in these rankings for the rest of the season.

There you have it. The first Power Rankings of the new season. Look for Key matchups starting week 6 and Playoff picture starting week 8.

SWAGGER Signing off. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Swagger on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Swagger
Swagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official Power Rankings through week 4. Empty Re: Official Power Rankings through week 4.

Post by Daddy_Cwell Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 am

Good STUFF, hey call Allen Iverson back to Memphis A starting position has opened shooting guard OJ Mayo has just took his talents to the NFL and is believed to be playing middle linebacker for the Tennessee Titans

GOOD STUFF I couldn't resist

Last edited by Daddy_Cwell on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Daddy_Cwell

Back to top Go down

Official Power Rankings through week 4. Empty Re: Official Power Rankings through week 4.

Post by Swagger Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:35 am

LOL Thanks CWELL...I fixed it but had accidentally named JArod Mayo OJ Mayo LOL thanks for the catch, I am glad you are reading. HAH
Swagger
Swagger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBillsFly Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:06 pm

yeah good job here

TheBillsFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PapaH25 Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Nice Job....i'll give you a couple weeks until the Raiders are on here now. I have given the Giants their only loss, and one of my losses came to a simulated game between the Broncos or i'm sure I would have given them their only loss. My other loss was on a last second 40 yd touchdown pass against me when Cover 4 was called.....such a lucky heart breaker of a play
PapaH25
PapaH25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down